Friday, March 6, 2009

Mexican Sheppard's pie

Mexican Sheppard's pie

Who does not need to use up leftovers? This actually lends itself well to using up whose leftovers and it freezes well.

1 lb hamburg
1 small-medium chopped onion (optional)
1 can black beans drained
1 cup sweet corn
Mashed potatoes
Taco or creole seasoning
cheese

Cooked hamburger and onion together until the meet is done then drain off the grease. Add the black beans, corn and taco/creole seasoning to taste. Just enough to give it some kick. Spread in the bottom of a casserole dish. Top with mashed potatoes and a little more seasoning. Freeze or toip with cheese and bake at 350 until hot through and the cheese is melted.

I used Creole seasoning and mozzarella cheese because that is what I had on hand. It was really good and really fast. In fact I made it while I was doing dishes the night I had the leftover potatoes so that I had a fast meal throughout the week! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment